Badu’s Masala MeatballsTry this recipe using any lean mince, with my Mild or Medium Authentic Curry Masala kit. Try the Hot Authentic Masala if you prefer a fiery dish.
- 1 Authentic Curry Masala kit (strength your choice)
- 200g mince (meat of your choice)
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 medium onion (chopped finely)
- 200g chopped tomatoes (Passata)
- 1 bunch coriander
- Remove bay leaf and curry leaves from the kit and set aside to be used for the sauce later.
- Add 2/3 of the Authentic Curry Masala to the mince and mix thoroughly removing the whole spices.
- Roll the mix into 6-8 meatballs (we prefer golf ball size).
- Fry meatballs for 2-3 minutes on a medium heat to seal them.
- Heat oil and fry bay leaves, curry leaves and chopped onion until soft and golden brown. Add the remaining 1/3 Authentic Curry Masala together with tomatoes and let the sauce cook for at least five minutes. Can add water if the sauce is too thick.
- Now add the meatball, lower heat and leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve with plain boiled rice or naan.
Time – 30 minutes