Quick Chickpea CurryWhen you fancy a vegetarian curry but have little time to prepare one from scratch, use my Coconut and Almond Masala with tinned chickpeas to create a speedy curry which is god-sent. Serve with plain boiled Basmati rice. Add a small potato or even a seasonal squash to give the curry depth and flavour.
- Badu’s Authentic Mild/Medium Coconut and Almond Masala kit
- 2 Medium sized potatoes (400g) OR ½ squash
- 1 Tin / 400g unsalted chickpeas
- Handful chopped Coriander
- Remove the fruit and nut bag from the Coconut and Almond Masala kit (keep the masala container; you’ll need it next), then add the kit to a large pan and heat the masala for 1minute to get the spices cooking.
- Fill the empty masala container with hot water and add to the pan. Continue cooking on a medium/low heat for 5 further minutes.
- Add the potatoes/squash. Cook for a few minutes.
- Now add the chickpeas and and leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander and the fruit and nuts.
- Serve over a bed of plain boiled rice.
Time – 15 minutes